China Center for Economic Research
National School of Development
No. 5 Yiheyuan Road,
Haidian, Beijing, China, 100871
Phone (Office): +86( 0)10- 6275 8935
Phone (Cell): +86 186 1227 9780
Assistant Professor, China Center for Economic Research, National School of Development, Peking University
Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, International Finance
Other Professional Activities
1.“Evaluating International Financial Integration in a Center-Periphery Economy”, Journal of International Economics, Volume 95, Issue 1, January 2015, Pages 129-144.
2. "Exchange Rate Adjustment in Financial Crises", with Michael B. Devereux, IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan; International Monetary Fund, 2017, vol. 65(3), pages 528-562.
3. “Evaluating the Role of Capital Controls and Monetary Policy in Emerging Market Crises”, with Michael B. Devereux, Journal of International Money and Finance 95 (2019) 189–211
4. “Capital Controls and Monetary Policy in Sudden-Stop Economies”, with Michael B. Devereux and Eric R. Young. (Previously circulated title “A New Policy Dilemma: Capital controls and monetary policy in sudden-stop economies”.) Journal of Monetary Economics, Volume 103, May 2019, Pages 52-74
5. “Models of International Fiscal Spillovers”, with Michael B. Devereux, Economics Letters, Volume 175, Pages 76-79, 2019
6. “International Financial Integration and Crisis Contagion”, with Michael B. Devereux, Review of Economic Studies (2020) 87, 1174-1212
7. "International Capital Flows, Portfolio Composition, and the Stability of External Imbalances", with Michael B. Devereux and Makoto Saito, accepted, Journal of International Economics
“Monetary Policy Responses to External Spillovers in Emerging Market Economies”, with Michael B. Devereux, pp. 183-222, in book “Monetary policy and global spillovers: Mechanisms, effects and policy measures”, edited by Enrique G. Mendoza, Ernesto Pasten and Diego Saravia, Central bank of Chile, Santiago, Chile, 2018.
Publications in Chinese
HUANG Yiping, CHO Yujeong, TAO Kunyu YU Changhua. The Support of Monetary Policy and Macroprudential on Macroeconomic Stability. Journal of Financial Research, 2019, 474(12): 70-91.
o “Production Networks and International Fiscal Spillovers”, with Michael B. Devereux and Karine Gente, 2018
o "Foreign exchange intervention to prevent a self-fulling sudden stop" with J. Scott Davis and Michael B. Devereux
Journal of International Economics, Economic Journal, Journal of Economic Dynamics & Control, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Review of International Economics, Journal of International Money and Finance
o National Natural Science Foundation of China, “ International Capital Flows and Macro-Prudential Policy”, 2014-2016
o The Scientific Research Starting Foundation for Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, Ministry of Education , China, 2014-2015
o 2019: HKUST-HKIMR-KEIO meeting (Hong Kong)
o 2018: Renmin University, 1st China international conference on macroeconomics (Tsinghua University)，Hong Kong Institute of Monetary Research
o 2017: AEA annual meeting (Chicago), Hong Kong University, International Macroeconomics and Finance Conference (Korea University), AMSE and MaGHiC Macroeconomic Workshop (Aix, France), International Finance and Monetary Policy Conference (Tsinghua University), Asian Meeting of Econometric Society (CUHK), Wuhan University, Renmin University
o 2016: Seoul National University (Seoul), PBoC School of Finance at Tsinghua University (Beijing), North American Meeting of Econometric Society (Penn, Philadelphia), Asian Economic Meeting (Beijing), LAEF at UC Santa Barbara, NBER-IFM program spring meeting (Boston), HKUST-HKIMR-KEIO meeting (Hong Kong)
o 2015: UBC, Wilfrid Laurier University, National University of Singapore, Hong Kong Institute of Monetary Research, NBER-EASE (San Francisco), AEA annual meeting (Boston)
o 2014: NSD at Peking University, China Finance Association Annual Meeting, Hanqing Advanced Institute at Renmin University of China, Chinese University of Hong Kong, School of Finance at SHUFE
o 2013: School of Economics at SHUFE, Society for Computational Economics Annual Meeting (Vancouver), Midwest Macro Spring meeting (UIUC)
o 2012: Bank of Canada, CEA annual meeting (Calgory), NSD at Peking University, SEM at Tsinghua University, SIBA at SHUFE