China Center for Economic Research, National School of Development, Peking University
Office Phone Number: +86-10-62758375
Quantitative Macroeconomics, Labor Economics, Asset Pricing, Urban Economics
Intermediate Macroeconomics (Bachelor), Macroeconomic Theory (PhD)
PhD in Economics, University of Oslo, 2012
MPhil in Economics, University of Oslo, 2008
MA in Economics, Fudan University, 2009
BS in Mathematics, Fudan University, 2005
2012-now , National School of Development, Peking University, Assistant Professor
2009-2011, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Visiting Scholar
1. Bo Zhao, “Too poor to retire? House Prices and Retirement”, Forthcoming, Review of Economic Dynamics
2. Bo Zhao, “Rational Housing Bubble”, 2015, Economic Theory, Volume 60, Issue 1, Page 141-201
3. Bo Zhao, “Cyclical dynamics in idiosyncratic labor-market risks: Evidence from March CPS 1968–2011”, 2013, Economics Letters, vol. 120(3), pages 528-531.
1. Xuan Han, Yan Shen, and Bo Zhao, “Winning at the Starting Line:Key School Education premium and Housing Prices in Beijing”
2. Kjetil Storesletten, Bo Zhao, and Fabrizio Zilibotti, “Fluctuating like China: Structural Change and Labor Reallocation in a Lewis Economy”
National Science Fund for Young Scholars of China (Grant No. 71603011): the economic growth, asset portfolios, and international capital flow in an aging society.