Qiren Zhou is Boya Chair Professor of Peking University, and Senior Professor of Economics at National School of Development at Peking University. He received Ph.D. degree from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA).
He was theDean of National School of Development at Peking University during 2008-2012, also served as a member of the Monetary Policy Committee of the People’s Bank of China during 2010-2012. He is a member of the Expert Committee of National Development Planning for the 13th and 14th Five Year Plan, Member of Shanghai Decision-making Advisory Committee, and Member of Entrepreneur Advisory Meeting of Hainan Provincial Government.
In 1980s, he served at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences and the Research Centre for Rural Development of the State Council. In January 1996, he joined China Centre for Economic Research (CCER), the precursor of National School of Development at Peking University.
His researches focus on Property Rights and Contracts, Economic Institution Change, Firms and Market Organization, Monetary and Exchange rate, Land System and Urbanization, and Reform and Innovation, etc.
For decades, he has been deeply engaged in research of China’s reform and development. He advocates Real-world Economics and would reveal the truth behind the phenomena. He received Sun Yefang Award in economics.
His books published in Chinese include:
1. Logic of Reform (revised edition, CITIC Press, 2017)
2. Property Right and China's Transformation (CITIC Press, 2017)
3. Breakthrough - Seeking New Impetus of Reform (CITIC Press 2017)
4. Urban and Rural China (revised edition, CITIC Press 2017)
5. Competition and Prosperity: China's Telecom Industry Economic Review (CITIC Press, 2013)
6. Essays of Exchange Rate and Money (Peking University Press, 2012)
7. What China Has Done Right - The Unfolding of Deng’s Drama (Peking University Press, 2010)
8. Essays of Medical Care Reforms in China (Peking University Press, 2008)
9. Behind Phenomena, Reviews on China's Economic Growth (Peking University Press, 2007)
10. Income is a Chain of Events (Peking University Press, 2006)
11. The Economics of the Real World (Peking University Press, 2006)
12. Looking at the Sword under the Lamp -- Observing the Great Economic Era (Peking University Press, 2006)
13. A Disparity Survey of China Regional Development 1978-1989 (Oxford University Press, Hong Kong, 1994)
14. Rural Reform and China's Development 1978-1989 (Oxford University Press, Hong Kong, 1994)
15. The Development Theme --The Reform of China's National Economic Structure (Sichuan People's Publishing House 1987)