This MPA program is a two-year English program offered by the National School of Development at Peking University. The program is aimed at cultivating cross-disciplinary talents with strong knowledge and competence required for national development, especially serving developing countries. Participants will learn not only theories in this regard, but more importantly, how to apply the theories to practice.
1. Number of Students to be Admitted
We are going to admit 30 overseas students in year 2016.
2. Program Duration
This program lasts for two years. The language of instruction is English.
3. Application Requirements
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens, and have attained a bachelor degree.
2) Competitive applicants should have good undergraduate grades, strong references, and some research experience, with a middle-level or senior position in a government agency;
3) Applicants whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate studies were completed in a language other than English, must provide evidence of English proficiency—TOEFL, GRE or IELTS.
4. Application Deadline
Online application is open till March 4, 2016. All required application documents must be received on or before March 4, 2016. The documents should be sent to the following address:
Nation Development Program, Room 203
National School of Development, Peking University
No. 5, Yiheyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
5. Application Materials
1) Completed Application Form for International Students. Please visit PKU’s online application system at http://www.studyatpku.com, complete the application form and print it out. The printed form should be signed and have a photo posted on it.
2) Original degree certificates in Chinese or English or notarized copies in Chinese or English;
3) Official transcripts in Chinese or English or notarized copies in Chinese or English;
4) A 1-2 page personal statement in English, outlining the applicant’s interests and reasons for seeking the degree.
5) Two original recommendation letters in Chinese or English. The referees should be professors or persons with comparable titles.
6) Applicants whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate studies were completed in a language other than English are required to submit one of the following documents as evidence of language proficiency: TOEFL of no less than 100, GRE of no less than 1300, or IELTS of no less than 7.0.
7) A copy of valid passport.
8) Table of contents and abstracts of academic publications and any other original achievement in the applicant’s field of study.
9) Two 2-inch photos in hard copy.
Note: Two copies of the above application materials are required, one original and one duplicated. The envelope must be marked “Application for MPA (Nation Development) Program”. None of the application materials will be returned.
6. Application Fee
800 RMB payable in cash, by UnionPay card, or through online payment (please follow the instructions on the website http://www.studyatpku.com). Other currencies or travel checks are not accepted. The application fee is non-refundable. Please note that incomplete application materials or application with application fee unpaid will not be processed.
7. Admission Evaluation
Initial screening: The admission committee of the National School of Development selects qualified candidates based on their application materials.
Interview: Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview if necessary. Interviews will be conducted in English, and exact dates will be announced later.
Admission: An official admission notice will be sent to the admitted candidates by the end of June, 2016.
8. Registration Period
September 2016 (specified in the Admission Notice)
9. Tuition Fee
RMB 29,000 per year.
Scholarships from the Chinese government and Peking University are available to international students. For more information, please visit the websites: http://www.csc.edu.cn,http://www.isd.pku.edu.cn,and check about the application requirements.
11. Degree Conference
A master degree of Public Administration will be conferred to the program participant after his/her successful completion of required credits and thesis.
12. Contact Information
National School of Development
International Students Division, Office of International Relations
Telephone: (86-10)-6275 1230
Fax: (86-10)-6275 1233