Call for Papers
Seventh Annual Meeting of the International Consortium for China Studies
July 25-26, 2020
University of Inner Mongolia, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China
The seventh annual meeting of the International Consortium for China Studies (ICCS) will be held at University of Inner Mongolia, Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China on July 25-26, 2020. This is an invitation to member institutions of ICCS to submit applications for presentation/ attendance.
This meeting will be hosted by school of economics and management at the University of Inner Mongolia.
The academic planning of the 2020 ICCS meeting is in the hands of a planning committee comprising Fenglian Du(University of Inner Mongolia), Miaojie Yu (Peking University, economics), Xiaobo Zhang (Peking University, economics), John Knight (Oxford University, economics), Lina Song (Nottingham University, sociology), Jun Zhang (Fudan University, economics), Philipp Boeing (Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Kellee Tsai (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, politics) and Yawei Liu (The Carter Center). Submissions will be will vetted by this committee.
The 2020 meeting will focus on topics relating to “Reconstruction of Globalization: The Role of China”.
We have a preference that there should be important themes which could be of interest to more than one discipline. Accordingly, without wishing to discourage any paper which fits the general title, we could have a particular interest in papers which would fit (even loosely) into one, or more than one, of the following themes:
• China and the global economy
• Development initiatives: Belt and Road, Greater Bay Area
• Societal groups: farmers, labor, internal migrants, entrepreneurs, retirees
• Environment and sustainability issues
• Financial sector: new technologies, challenges, and policies Industrial policy
• International trade and investment
• Emerging technologies: AI, AR, IOT, VR
• Urbanization and rural development
• US-China relationship
• China’s role in international trade and investment
Presenters are invited, where appropriate, to discuss the policy implications of their academic analyses. Each member institution of ICCS is invited to nominate one or two representatives to present a paper.
We request that you provide the following information to help with our preparation:
1. For each paper: title, abstract (at least 200 words), presenter’s name, title and institution
2. A brief introduction to your institution (unless this year’s description does not need to be altered). We will compile the entries and distribute a hard copy of the descriptions of all institutional members of ICCS
3. A link to your official website (unless provided this year). We have created a web page for ICCS (http://iccs.nsd.edu.cn/), which will contain links to all institutional members.
4. For each attendee from your institution: name, e-mail, short bio (unless provided this year), photo, arrival and departure dates.
The meeting will be held at University of Inner Mongolia. The host member institution cover all speakers’ local accommodation for up to 3-nights (hotel, transportation, and food).
We welcome a few scholars from other institutions to present at the conference but you will be responsible for your own lodging during the meeting.
Application should be submitted to The ICCS secretariat, National School of Development (e-mail: email@example.com) AND University of Inner Mongolia (Dr. Fenglian Du, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than February 18, 2020.
Fenglian Du Miaojie Yu
Chair of the ICCS planning committee, 2020 Chair of the ICCS organization committee, 2020
University of Inner Mongolia Peking University