Position Title/Short Description
Title: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor
Section: International: Academic
JEL Classification: F1 – International Trade
Trade Policy Analysis
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The National School of Development (NSD), Peking University, opens applications for a position at all ranks (Assistant/Associate/Full professor) in the field of International Trade, particularly with a focus on applications to trade policy analysis. The applicants with research experience of Chinese economy are preferred.
The National School of Development (NSD) at Peking University, is a leading Chinese
institution in economic teaching and research. The predecessor of NSD is China Center for Economic Research (CCER) at Peking University, established in 1994.
• A Ph.D. degree in Economics
• Expertise in international trade with a focus on trade policy analysis, in particular with application to China
• An ability to engage with policy and research communities in China, Asia and around the world
• A strong and demonstrated sense of academic independence and collegiality
• A willingness to engage in interdisciplinary interactions at the National School of Development
Application deadline: 12/10/2020
Applicants should submit the following in electronic form (MS Word or PDF file):
• Cover letter, with a brief statement of research expertise and its relevance to trade policy analysis and to China’s application (preferred).
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Academic certificates and transcripts
• Job Market Paper（Candidates applying for Assistant professorship need to submit a Job Market Paper，Candidates interested in Associate/Full professorship are required to submit a representative work, e.g. published article.
• Three letters of reference (mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Joining date: September 2021
All positions should be applied for by December 10, 2020.
Candidate interviews will be conducted virtually (e.g. by Zoom), on January 3-5, 2021.
For more information about the NSD, please visit our web page at:
Or contact us by:
National School of Development
Beijing 100871, P. R. China